Henderson's Thoughts

Monday, 30 April 2007

Body modification.


I think that body modification has become much more acceptable in our society in recent years. I am quite glad of this, as I love tattooes and I think that some amounts of body piercing can look very attractive. After watching some of the images in class, I was, however quite appalled at some of the extreme forms. The ladies who had the neck supports, was horrible and really very sexist. It is a different culture, I know, but I don't see why these poor women should have these neck supports removed if they cheat or are suspected of cheating. Why don't the men in that society have to have the same treatment, I wonder. I don't like to see people hurting themselves either, some of the religious ceremonies were apalling, or where people were hooked up in some sort of religious frenzy. I couldn't watch the second half of the images, as I was already feeling very sick. I think that some things that people do, they only do it because it is fashion at the time. I think people should be very careful about some of the things that they do to their bodies, as they might later regret something and if it is permanent, they are buggered.

http://www.ccs.mq.edu.au/bodmod/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home