Religion. Frank Zappa stylie.
I've spent the whole day listening to Zappa, when I should have been doing my assignments. I am posting some lyrics which concern religion, because they just about sum up my own views on the subject. I love Frank Zappa, he is mad, zany and his political intellect astounds me. If he was still alive, I would want his babies!
I won't do the whole song, as it is very long, but I'm sure that you will get the jist.. The song is called 'Dumb All Over', from the album'You are what you is'.
I won't do the whole song, as it is very long, but I'm sure that you will get the jist.. The song is called 'Dumb All Over', from the album'You are what you is'.
"Whoever we are
Wherever we're from
We shoulda noticed by now
Our behaviour is dumb
And if our chances
Expect to improve
It's gonna take a lot more
Than tryin to remove
The other race
Or the other whatever
From the face
Of the planet altogether".
"Nurds on the left
Nurds on the right
Religious fanatics
On the air every night
Sayin' the bible
Tells the story
Makes the details
Sound real gory
'Bout what to do
If the geeks over there
Don't believe in the book
We got over there"
"You can't run a country
By a book of religion
Not by a heap
Or a lump or a smidgeon
Of foolish rules
Of ancient date
Designed to make
You all feel great
While you fold, spindle
And mutilate
Those unbelievers
From a neighbouring state".


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home