The wierd world of 'Lucygenic'. Drugs.

When 'The Verve' sang that the 'Drugs don't work', they were obviously going to the wrong dealer. They do work, and only too well. They can be so addictive that they can wreck lives, pull families apart, create crime and even worse they can kill. Have you noticed that the typical drug addict is spotty, pale, anorexic looking, like a version of the living dead? Saying that though, I think that they have in general, been getting a really bad press in the last few years. Many a brilliant poet worked very well on opium and many a fab rock band created great music on speed, cocaine, spliffs and even heroin; the band Nirvana, to name one. In moderation drugs can be fun and enjoyable. I have had many a good acid trip in my days. I have also seen a great many drug 'casualties' however. It is something that can turn a person's mind into something that resembles vegetable matter. It can though, also enhance creativity and the way a person thinks. Good examples of this are the writer and philosopher, Laing and Huxley, who both used the drug LSD to enable them to'think outside of the box' as it were; in fact I do believe that Huxley wrote 'The Doors of Perception', while under the influence, one of his best books, in my opinion. Good old drugs, I would so many more braincells had I forsaken to partake, but hell, it was bloody good fun at the time, and I have seen many beautiful spaceships etc!
http://www.streetdrugs.org/

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home